Main Logo

Main Logo
LexxyTech Corporation

Sophie Alakija says it's not easy combining acting with motherhood

Sophie Alakija

Sophie Alakija has said it's not easy combining acting with motherhood but she has done well coping in both.

Sophie Alakija has disclosed that it's not an easy ride being a mum and trying to find her feet in the Nigerian movie industry.

The Being In Nollywood star made this known to Pulse in a recent interview.

ALSO READ: 10 hot photos of the Sophie Alakija will leave you breathless

"I have two kids, I am married but I still go to work. It's not impossible, it shows you at the end of the day that things are not easy. People shouldn't think because they are mums, they can't pursue their dreams, I feel like people should go out there and do what they have to do," Sophie said.

Sophie also revealed the struggle she has to go through because she has been viewed in a particular way by some set of people.

"It is not an easy journey especially when people stereotype you but I just want to say Being In Nollywood is amazing platform showcasing struggles and what actors go through on a daily basis," Sophie said.

Sophie starred in Chika Ike's movie, 'Small Chops,' which also featured Nkem Owoh, Onyetoro Hafiz (Saka), Nse Ikpe Etim and Eucharia Anunobi.

Sophie Alakija doesn't want to be called Wizkid's ex-girlfriend

Sophie Alakija wants everyone to stop addressing her as  Wizkid's ex-girlfriend.

Apparently, Sophie is tired of being addressed that despite the fact that she is happily married. She made her frustration known during a scene from a reality tv series 'Being In Nollywood.'

"For those of you that keep referring to me as wizkid's ex-girlfriend, I have a name, my name is Sophie Alakija and I am an actress, not Wizkid's ex-girlfriend, I am somebody's wife at home," she said.



from pulse.ng - Nigeria's entertainment & lifestyle platform online

Post a Comment

0 Comments