Main Logo

Main Logo
LexxyTech Corporation

Liverpool Defender Andrew Robertson Reveals How Gary Neville Helped Him Improve This Season

Andrew Robertson has insisted that he had “no problem” with criticism from Gary Neville, but admits that comments from the Sky Sports pundit motivated him to improve during his first season at Liverpool.

After signing from Hull City in the summer, Robertson was not initially regarded as first choice by Jurgen Klopp and the Scot had made just seven appearances when featuring in the 3-3 draw with Arsenal in December.

Neville was left unimpressed with Robertson’s defensive contribution at the Emirates Stadium, but the full-back has since established himself in the Liverpool defence and has claimed that he was always confident of working his way into the starting lineup.

The 24-year-old told the Daily Mail: “Maybe he hadn’t seen me play enough. Maybe he just thought it’s a signing from Hull.

“I don’t know what his thought process was but it’s one man’s opinion. If he thought I wasn’t good enough, no problem, but these are the people I want to try to prove wrong. You want to make your fans and your family proud. But it’s the people who doubt you who motivate you more.

“I’m quite good at dealing with it. I was confident in my ability that if I could get a run of big games, I would build on it.”

The post Liverpool Defender Andrew Robertson Reveals How Gary Neville Helped Him Improve This Season appeared first on 360Nobs.com.



Post a Comment

0 Comments