Main Logo

Main Logo
LexxyTech Corporation

Pulse Blogger: How will History record the 21 century? - Defining the theme of our age

Time is all we ever had and all we will ever need.

“…What age are we in- The beginning of the end or the end itself?”

Time is always on the parole, going and coming, yet she stays. Truly, time is all we ever had and all we will ever need. With her comes an inevitable twin sister called ‘age’.

By the end of the 21 century, in about 83 years from now, the human race would have achieved all she could ever want and that scares me. I could almost say the human race would have achieved the ‘impossible’.

For some reasons NASA and other key note agencies have us subconsciously believing that aliens exist with all these UFO’s reports and all these planets and stuffs hovering over earth. Even if they don’t, by the end of the 21 century, the human race might have succeeded in creating her own aliens.

Bestiality is on the rise. You might want to disagree but ‘legalized’ unions between humans and animals in some parts of the world? - You might as well shoot me. Sightings of actual animals giving birth to half man- half humans; which by the end of the century might actually live, get married to their kind and actually give birth to more ‘horrifying looking’ creatures.

Flying cars, automobiles fueled using water (if ever allowed), smaller and smarter phones, machines that build on command, or even give birth for you (LOL): the ‘impossible’ would have been achieved and man would be almost useless; human race will be doomed and lonely.

Wishful thinking you think? Then how do you explain the theft ongoing right now? - This theft that is likely the beginning of mans’ travail. There was a time I used to have friends but now I have the big screen and the blue screen. I stare at my phone wishing they would call; been a while I actually hanged out without feeling hung in. What does that mean you might wonder?

I pick up the phone when I eventually find the time now and call just to hear the voice at the other end of the line and I hear so many things, worst of which is “…let’s chat…” I barely even know how to hold my end of the conversations these days which is disheartening.

I miss those days when I could actually hear the smiles and feel the tears while speaking to the person at the other end of the line. I now fear that meanings could be read to my words as words written are never effectively communicated as the author might have intended. All these constant lol, lmao, lwkmd are beginning to get to me as most times a smile is hard to come by at the other end of the screen.

I miss those days when we talk while sitting next to each other, with the feeling that we had all the time in the world, but now there are secrets I can’t Skype to you about because anyone might just barge in, Whatsapp you about because anyone might pick up your phone or even tweet to you about because well, it’s a secret. Forget DM’s. Now I am lonelier than ever and I can’t even call you. Did I mention you and I both are now so business and money oriented that every contact is a luxury?

I now have illusions as friends: people who post their best pictures on Facebook. have savage come backs on twitter, upload their best quotes and best dressed on Instagram; whose pictures tagged #bestdays might actually be their worst, but they upload it anyways because they look too good and their outfit looks to beautiful not to get the likes on, people who get envious on other people’s self-love, and are cynical and jealous on things; relationships and lifestyles that might not even exist.

There is a problem and I am not naïve to know that social media might end us before the ‘impossible’ actually does as it has allowed us to portray ourselves as generally wealthier, prettier, wiser and more comfortable with life. So, what age are we in- The beginning of the end or the end itself?

Written by Christiana Osun.

Christiana is a lover of words. She's not just a reader, she's also a writer. She's sarcastic, fun loving, and a jack and master of most things creative. She has her website underway, so watch out.

Instagram handle: _themillenniallady_  Facebook: OSUN Christiana Oluwadamilola Email: krwistee@gmail.com



from pulse.ng - Nigeria's entertainment & lifestyle platform online

Post a Comment

0 Comments