Main Logo

Main Logo
LexxyTech Corporation

Sonni Ogbuoji: Drama at Senate as PDP lawmakers halt colleague from defecting to APC

A near empty house during one of the Senate Plenary.

There was a mild drama on the floor of Senate on Wednesday, January 16, 2018, as a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmaker, Sonni Ogbuoji, announced his defection to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Ogbuoji, an Ebonyi state lawmaker cited problems in the PDP both in his state and at the national level as the reasons for his defection. 

"I have decided to leave my former party (PDP), both in the state and national level...," he said.

But as this point the PDP lawmakers prevailed on him not to speak and he.

ALSO READ: Senator says his colleagues are afraid of Buhari

After about fifteen minutes of consultations, Ogbuoji withdrew his announcement.

"When I started my colleagues from my party said they needed me to consult with them. Because of the love they have showed me I have decided to step down my declaration," the senator said.

The Senate President, Bukola Saraki in his gave the lawmaker the before the end of plenary to come up with a decision on the matter.



from pulse.ng - Nigeria's entertainment & lifestyle platform online

Post a Comment

0 Comments