Main Logo

Main Logo
LexxyTech Corporation

Jungle Justice: Mob buries robbery suspect alive

Chukwudi-Omaka

A suspected armed robber has been given a strange jungle justice after angry youths of a community in Ebonyi State buried him alive.

A new angle has been introduced to jungle justice after angry youths reportedly buried alive a man suspected to be a member of an armed robbery gang that allegedly robbed and killed a businessman in Amasiri community in Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.

New Telegraph reports that the suspect identified as Chukwudi Omaka, had, along with his gang members, attacked and murdered the businessman, Idam Ogbonnia, but was unfortunate as he was caught by the youths who decided to bury him alive after giving him the beating of his life.

Two other suspects were later arrested and paraded by the police at the State Command Headquarters in Abakiliki.

ALSO READ: Badoo: Alleged member of killer gang burnt alive in Ikorodu (Graphic Photos)

Emmanuel Udu, a member of the community who witnessed the jungle justice meted out on Omaka, said he [Omaka], was also among robbers who robbed a cold room known as Etuelughu, belonging to one Oko Udu Monday and another businessman identified simply as David, who has a provision shop in the area.

“The handsome boy (Omaka) was beaten thoroughly. Despite that, he refused to name his members. He was later buried alive by Amasiri youths,” Udu said.

It was learned that after burying Omaka, the youths planted a tree on the grave in accordance with an age long tradition of the community against anyone who committed a crime.

Those the police paraded included Omaka's brother, Gideon, and Idam Nwabueze Amadi. While parading the suspects before journalists, the State Police Public Relations Officer [PPRO], Jude Madu, said the suspects lay an ambush for the team of Anti-Robbery Squad [SARS] and shot about three policemen.

He said the incident occurred last Friday and that some suspects, including Gideon Omaka, were arrested.

However, the 29-year-old Gideon who told journalists he was a former convict, denied being part of the gang that robbed and killed Ogbonnia.

I don't know anything about the robbery they are talking about. I was in my house when people attacked me and killed my brother, Chukwudi. I had to run away.

They said my brother was one of those who robbed Idam Ogbonnia in my village. My brother was the one who was buried alive when I ran away. The people later arrested me.

ALSO READ: Jungle Justice: 2 suspected kidnappers burnt to death in Benue

I just returned from prison, that was why the people said I knew about the robbery that took place in my community for which my brother was accused, attacked and buried alive. I was released from prison in March this year.

Madu said the command is determined to rid the state of criminals and has declared an all out war of criminality.



from pulse.ng - Nigeria's entertainment & lifestyle platform online

Post a Comment

0 Comments