Main Logo

Main Logo
LexxyTech Corporation

Jose Mourinho: The kid Manchester United manager gave his Super Cup medal to is a Nigerian

Deji

The young Manchester United fan is a Nigerian and hopes to get more medals as a footballer.

The lucky Manchester United fan who got Jose Mourinho’s UEFA Super Cup second-place medal is a Nigerian kid named Deji.

Following Manchester United’s 2-1 loss to Real Madrid in the Super Cup on Tuesday, August 8, Mourinho walked up to the stand in Macedonia, pointed to Deji  and gave him the medal.

 

Pulse Sports have learnt that the kid is a Nigerian and also an aspiring footballer.

 

Deji's brother shared his photo on Twitter and revealed that that won’t be the kid’s last medal as he hopes to win more in his football career.

Jose's medal wudnt be the last. Wicked left foot. Would post vids once they are back from Macedonia #mufc @ManUtd,”  the kid’s brother with the Twitter handle @Souprhim wrote alongside a short clip of the young Nigerian playing football.

 

Pulse Sports have reached out to the guy for more on the young Nigerian.

In his post-match interview, Mourinho said the medal will mean much to the young fan more than him.

Look sometimes when I win I don't keep the medals, so imagine when I lose,” the Manchester United manager said.

 

And for me the medal will go to some place in my house and for that kid it's for sure something to keep and remember.

“It was a little kid in a Manchester United shirt, I have no idea where he comes from, so I think for the kid it is something he will never forget and for me, I repeat when I win they don't mean much, imagine when I lose.

This is not the first time Mourinho is giving away his medal to a random fan.

He did it twice during his time at Chelsea, throwing his Premier League winners’ medal to the crowd in 2005 and giving away his losers’ medal after the 2015 Community shield.



from pulse.ng - Nigeria's entertainment & lifestyle platform online

Post a Comment

0 Comments