Main Logo

Main Logo
LexxyTech Corporation

David Ospina Happy To Remain At Arsenal This Season

David Ospina has said he wants to remain at the club this season, despite reported links with a transfer away. 

David Ospina, 28, has been widely linked with a move to Fenerbahce this summer but talks about a move have recently cooled.

“I have a contract here, I’m happy and I’m going to fight to the end. I want to continue and win a job,” Ospina told AS.

“That’s what I’m working for, I’ve been working for three years and now I’m waiting for the opportunity.”

Ospina edged out Wojciech Szczesny for the No. 1 spot during the 2014-15 season but then found himself as backup to Cech after he was brought in from Chelsea two years ago.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has repeatedly backed the keeper as “world class,” though, and convinced him to stay last summer after promising him a Champions League role.

The Colombian international started all eight of Arsenal’s Champions League ties and missed only two FA Cup ties. Most notably Wenger opted to start Ospina for the FA Cup Final, a shock move at the time but one vindicated as he put in an excellent performance in victory over Chelsea.

The post David Ospina Happy To Remain At Arsenal This Season appeared first on 360Nobs.com.



Post a Comment

0 Comments