Main Logo

Main Logo
LexxyTech Corporation

Allegri: I Considered Retirement After UCL Final

Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri has revealed he considered retiring after his side lost in UCL final for the second time in three years.

The final at Cardiff was level at halftime, but Juventus lost the match 4-1 , after a stunning second half from Madrid.

Back in 2015, Allegri led Juventus to the final, but fell to a 3-1 defeat to Barcelona.

“When I got home after that defeat, I had to think hard about whether to continue. I thought about why I had become a manager in the first place.

“I do this because I love teaching. It is truly the joy of my life. I like making players better and smarter.

“So when I thought about this Juventus squad, my decision became quite personal. I know I still have a lot to prove. And I know I still have a lot to teach. So that night, before I went to bed, I decided that if the club was on board with my strategy and we could move on together, then I would stay on.”

“For me, I look at Paulo Dybala and Gigi Buffon. In a way, they are the symbol of this team,” he continued. “I see Dybala, like a bright boy about to start his first year in school.

“Buffon, with a World Cup, is about to get his master’s degree. One with his career ahead of him and one near the end. One who wants to show that he can be one of the greats in Europe. One who is already a great, but wants to end his legacy on top.

“I know we can shed the scabs from Cardiff. I know we can have a great season. I know we can have a great Champions League campaign.”

The post Allegri: I Considered Retirement After UCL Final appeared first on 360Nobs.com.



Post a Comment

0 Comments